18 August 2009

The Auckland Competition

The Auckland comp was really cool.

I had lot of fun going on the Climb Zone with my friends K, E and B. The climbs were really nice. I was pleased with my footwork most of the way. When I fell off on my second qualifier it was because I had not got my foot up earlier and failed to get it up at that point because I could not get it over the lip onto the hold that would make me be able to reach the next handhold.

Josiah and Dad both did Opens again but neither of them got into finals.

I won the speed climbing which puts me first equal overall in the series. I came fourth in the lead climbing by one hold. I got third in the series but did not get to stand on the podium because we had to leave to get to the airport to catch our plane home. The photos taken at the comp can be seen at inkbig

Josiah is in Europe!


The team left on the Monday after the competition in Auckland. At the moment they are in Zurich, Switzerland, training. Soon they are going to Imst, Austria, for the world cup competition. They are keeping a team diary. It can be viewed on the Climbing New Zealand website

No comments:

Post a Comment