19 October 2009

Arriving at Cairns and Seeing the Reef

Tuesday:
On Tuesday Me, Mum and Dad went grocery shopping then we all went for a swim in the pool before breakfast. After breakfast we went to the beach for a few hours swimming and building things in the sand. For lunch we had sandwiches with salad stuff. We sat around and read books/ swam in the pool. We all got sunburnt, Josiah least bad. I got burned on my face, Dad on his front and back, and Mum on her back where her singlet didn't protect her. We had pasta and vegetables for dinner. I didn't have any vegetables because they were all ones I didn't like. After dinner Josiah washed the dishes while the rest of us relaxed and read books. When Josiah was finished we watched Little House On The Prairie. I really liked it. I started book 2 of the fellowship of the ring.

Wednesday - Reef Magic:
Today we got up at 6.40, packed our togs into our bags, cleaned our selves, had breakfast & brushed our teeth. We walked to the road and waited in the shade for our bus to arrive. On the bus to Cairns we saw what we thought were fields of sugar cane. When we got to the terminal we signed in then looked at the souvenir shop. On the way out to the reef Me, Mum and Dad got sea sick. when we got to the platform we changed into our togs then put sunblock on and got our snorkeling gear. We got straight into the water and snorkeled around seeing the colourful fish and the not so colourful coral. We got cold after a short while so we hired wetsuits for the rest of the day. I saw some beautiful fish and some really cool coral. I was the only one out of everybody except the groups that got to have my photo taken with a sea cucumber. later in the day we went on the semi sub. It was really cool. We got to see a turtle and a shark. I wanted to go on the scuba dive. Lunch wasn't that spectacular but I managed. Josiah and Dad got a vegan meal.
It was lots of fun and I would defiantly recommend it.

The photos are from Monday: Spotty listening to music in the car and Me at Sydney airport with a plane behind me


No comments:

Post a Comment